Saturday, March 21, 2015

Blog #6: Drive Attack! (Google Drive & Shingeki no Kyojin)

Document Collaboration using Google Drive


     Before Google Drive, I remembered using Dropbox in Yahoo!Mail. Yes, I have my own personal laptop as my storage, plus a few memory cards and flash drives, but no external hard drive.
     Why do I need an external hard drive when I have my own personal laptop with 640 gb storage? Well, I have my needs. :P  I am the type of person who doesn’t easily let go of memories, or in this case, files. Good memories, bad memories, insignificant memories, I don’t care, I still keep them. I am a junior student, and all my files since my freshman year, generated or not generated from my laptop, are stored in it. I have folders of my freshman, sophomore, and junior year, and subfolders for the first and second semesters for every year, and of course, another set of subfolders for every subject. Also, all videos, movies, songs, etc. that I have obtained ever since I got my laptop are stored here. I only probably delete when the file is corrupted, or when I already transferred the movies that my daddy asked me to download to his PC. Even when I don’t have any slight interest in a very old movie, or even the slightest want to listen to a song, I still do not delete those. I don’t really know. I always have a feeling that I may make use of them someday. Baka manghinayang ako eh. And that, my friends, is why I think I need an external hard drive. (I am currently accepting donations, please just comment below. Haha!)
     It really is a good thing to have an online storage (if you forget your password, then that’s a different story :P). Not only does it save space on my PC, it also makes it easier to share my files to other people! (Of course only with an active internet connection :P)
     Google Drive not only offers a default of 15 gb storage. Files in your drive can also be shared to others, by sending the files to their email, or sending a link of your drive to their email. We can also create files an share it to others, real time!

     In our IT 1 meeting last Wednesday, we were asked to make a presentation about the anime “Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)” using the Google Drive. We were grouped into 5, others with 5 members each, while we only have 4. Each group representative was asked to create a presentation file, shared with the other members of the group. Poof! It became Koko Krunch! lol. We have a shared document. It really amazed me because we can work on a single document all at once, and I can also see where my groupmates are currently working on. We can also conduct a group chat where we can converse while making our presentation. This is a very nice advancement in technology because it saved time and effort. Under normal circumstances, group meetings are held where the members of the group agreed to be at their agreed common time. After that first meeting, they still had to make a second meeting wherein they compile all their works. This tool makes everybody be flexible. Aside from having less problems in deciding when and where to meet, the group members can actually see the progress of their presentation. GOOD GOING, GOOGLE! *2 thumbs up*

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)


     Before all that Google Drive, Ma’am Marya introduced us to an anime that I later learned is new and of course was still ongoing, with only 25 episodes finished. She showed us only the first four episodes. I really didn't see the connection of IT 1 with the anime no matter how I tried, so I eventually decided to just sit there and watched. As minutes go by, I get more and more hooked. When we neared episode 4, I was silently wishing for a time extension, because I really got hooked and every episode really keeps me hanging! After the 4th episode ended, my classmates protested and asked for more, but since we only have an hour left for our actual lesson, sad for us :( Pero feeling ko binitin lang talaga kami ni Ma'am. Asan ang hustisya?! Lol. The look on my classmates' faces were so epic. Haha.

     My seatmates, Alec and Ryan, knew about the anime beforehand. I got so curious that I bombarded them with so many questions while we were watching. Many of those questions were left unanswered, because it’s still ongoing. I only knew about the real identities (Are they purely persons or are they titans?) of some of the soldiers alongside Eren, because they are spoilers T.T Before the day ended, I secured myself with a COPY (Oh yeah! :P) of the anime’s Season 1 (Thank you Alec!). I cannot wait for the next season! Good thing there’s manga hehehe. Later, I also learned that a live action movie of Shingeki no Kyojin will be released probably this summer! Another thing to watch out for ;)

     If you’re not into weird and gory stuff, don’t watch this! But you’ll miss the awesomeness of the soldiers, the military, and the survey corps, etc. For someone like me who only watched cute anime stuff with love stories and a few adventures and a few magic stuff and eventually stopped, this made me reconsider watching anime again. I am so hooked! (This is all your fault Ma’am Marya! Now I’m so bitin huhuhu. By the way, thank you for introducing the anime! I will be so disappointed if Eren and Mikasa did not end up together lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment